1. What are the ENTRY REQUIREMENTS for courses at Lerus SDN. BHD?
Delegates have to present original photographic documentation e.g. Passport, to verify their identity before being allowed to start any course.
Employers and individuals applying for training have to recognize that a reasonable standard of fitness is essential. Delegates must be able to support and manage their own body weight, and be able to bend/stretch, and lift/carry to a reasonable level. Any condition that may affect a delegate's performance on a course must be disclosed to Lerus instructors.
Delegates have to meet and be able to produce proof of prerequisite training requirements as set out for each course.
Delegates have to be able to read and understand oral instructions in English and be capable of making themselves understood in English.
2. For some courses, specific experiences are required. Do you qualify?
A certificate will only be issued after verification of sea time experience and successfully passing the course.
3. How do I book a course with Lerus Training
You can book your training course via this website or call our office. When you place your booking via this website our automated booking system provisionally books a place on the training course of your choice. We will then contact you on the same day (if you book before 5pm local time in Kuala Lumpur) or the next day to confirm your booking.
4. I am booking the training course for someone else whose name do I register it in
Any of our courses can be booked by companies for employees. In this case please register the company name and contact details with your name and telephone number, We will contact you to receive the delegate's name and the date of birth after the booking.
5. What if I have to CANCEL or CHANGE A BOOKING
If you cancel or amend a booking after payment we can charge next fee:
- Cancellation more than 14 days before starting date: No fee.
- Cancellation from 14 to 5 days before starting date: 50% of course fee.
- Cancellation less than 4 days before starting date: 100 % of course fee.
Example: The deadline for course payment is Thursday if course starts from next Monday. Take it into consideration while perform booking for courses.
Lerus Training reserves the right to cancel courses due to an insufficient number of Participants. If we cancel the course:
- If Lerus Training cancels a course for whatever reason, it will not be cancelled less than 2 weeks from the published start date.
- All fees already paid for delegates on cancelled courses will be refunded in full.
- A revised start date will be offered as soon as possible.
- No compensation for any costs incurred will be payable to the delegate.
6. What is included within the COURSE FEE, and what do I have to arrange myself
Fees include lunch and refreshments, but do not include transport to and from Lerus site, or accommodation. All transport and accommodation, including booking, is the responsibility of the sponsoring Company or individual.
7. What are the PAYMENT TERMS for training courses
Payments may be made by all major credit and debit cards; cash payment is also acceptable. All credit cards are free to use except American Express cards
Credit is not granted to private delegates or to individuals under any circumstances
8. Do I get a CERTIFICATE or LOGBOOK stamp at the end of the course
Certificates will be issued to all delegates attending and completing training courses satisfactorily. Any delegate requiring their logbook signed and stamped should present it to their instructor at the start of the last day of the course.
9. What if I lose a CERTIFICATE, can't get it from my company, or change my name
Duplicate certificates are available at $30 per copy. Any request for duplicate certificates must be made in writing and be collected by the certificate holder in person, who must bring photographic ID. In the event of an individual officially changing their name, e.g. by marriage Lerus Training will issue a revised Certificate FoC.